It is estimated that 75% of the waste is in the depths of the sea and only 25% in on the surface. For every kilo of ﬁlament, we remove 1 kilo of trash from the depths of the sea.
At vertisol we work with a different kind of ﬁlament which is made by recycling the plastic collected at the bottom of the sea. After many months of investment in R&D it has been possible to develop a 100% recycled polyester ﬁlament from which to obtain sustainable fabrics of the highest quality. The result has been our recycled fabric SeaPlanet FR.
SeaPlanet FR, taking care of the planet
SeaPlanet FR is produced from 100% recycled PET. Its ﬁlament contains recycled plastic collected at the bottom of the sea. It is Cradle to Cradle Certiﬁed™ Bronze.
With SeaPlanet FR we help to clean the ocean at the same time we offer to our customers a technical textile solution for the manufacturing of roller blinds.
- Fishermen collect garbage that gets tangled in the fishing nets.
- Separate and classify garbage keeping PET and sending the rest for appropriate treatment
- PET is recycled into a high quality polymer that turns into 100% polyester yarn
¿Why SeaPlanet FR?
A problem on the sea bed, which cannot be left in the depths of our consciousness. SeaPlanet FR gives great importance to an innovative and sustainable project that attempts to clean up the ocean of waste and turn it into a product that can be used by people.
- Manufactured using 100% RECYCLED PET. Its spinning contains recycled plastic collected from the sea bed.
- 100% RECYCLABLE fabric.
- SeaPlanet FR is in the process of being certified CRADLE TO CRADLE™ BRONZE. Cradle to Cradle certification guarantees the absence of toxic ingredients throughout the supply chain.
- Fabric made up of materials that do not contain restricted substances or Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) listed in the European Union REACH regulation.
- PVC-, HALOGEN- and ANTIMONY-FREE innovative composition
- Compliant with the most stringent fire regulations. M1 CERTIFICATE.
- Contributes to improving indoor air quality. GREENGUARD GOLD CERTIFICATE.
- 5% openness factor